Teltrium is a technical services company that provides systems engineering and project execution support and capabilities to satellite communications and spectrum management technology programs within NASA and beyond. We’re a small company focused on nurturing an agile and innovate team, developing creative and high-quality solutions for our unique customers.
We are seeking innovative, confident, and experienced Electrical Engineers with knowledge and competency in satellite communication systems engineering or closely related fields to join our growing team. As a technical lead across a variety of projects, this engineering position is responsible for driving creative solutions, and helping build our portfolio of communications engineering products and solutions. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to shape the technical and strategic aspect of projects, taking a leadership role in managing projects, and flexibly and proactively addressing issues as they arise. Project areas may include:
- Systems Engineering Activities: interface definition and management; analyses and trade studies, end-to-end network performance, RF and baseband system/subsystem evaluation; system validation and verification. Analysis of satellite communications network architecture concepts, implementation, and end-to-end performance. Firmware (FPGA) development for hardware implementation of satellite modems.
- Modeling & Simulation Activities: network performance (throughput, packet error rate, latency, traffic flow analysis); satellite communications analysis and algorithm development (coverage analysis, link analysis, signal acquisition analysis); interference analysis (RFI analysis and simulation, co-channel and adjacent channel, intermodulation, intersymbol interference); RF communication link analysis (modulation performance, coding performance, bit-error-rate estimates, aggregate signal-to-noise analysis); antenna analysis (blockage & multipath analysis, pattern generation, footprint calculation).
Education: PhD in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering. A Master’s and in-progress doctoral work will also be considered.
Years of experience: 5-10 years of experience (may include education/academic work)
Role / Work Schedule
We are looking for engineers who are interested in full-time work in Greenbelt, MD and are willing to travel to customer locations (local travel).
- Self-starter and creative problem solver.
- Leadership, management and mentoring experience.
- Expertise in ground station/network equipment and protocols in communications (RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards).
- Understanding of the communications, especially satellite, industry and technical trends is desirable.
- Experience with one or more of the following modeling tools is desirable: Matlab, Simulink, STK or NS3.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including articulating and presenting technical topics in a clear and concise manner to peers as well as executive-level customer audiences.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org