Teltrium is a technical services company that provides systems engineering and project execution support and capabilities to satellite communications and spectrum management technology programs within NASA and beyond. We’re a small company focused on nurturing an agile and innovate team, developing creative and high-quality solutions for our unique customers.
Summer interns will use their software development background to help develop solutions and capabilities to support satellite communications systems and perform analyses related to the operations of those systems. Our summer intern will work as a member of our growing development team and engineering team to learn some of the fundamentals of communications engineering and expand their development experience.
We are seeking senior engineering or computer science students to support software development activities designed to assist in accelerating and improving broader systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and Knowledge Management activities at NASA Headquarters for the Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Program Office and for activities related to automating our internal business processes. An understanding of satellite communications systems is not required, but interest in, and enthusiasm for space is preferred! The core responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Automate analysis and connectivity between COTS tools
- Develop custom tools to support customer needs; including back-end analytical processing and front-end GUI development
- Database development and maintenance
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks; Providing technical support across the company
Education: Students expected to graduate on or before May 2024
Candidates must have valid U.S. work authorization.
Location / Work Schedule
We are conveniently located in Greenbelt just 10 minutes away from the University of Maryland, College Park campus. The ideal candidate would be able to work two days each week at our company’s main office in Greenbelt, MD. The situation related to COVID-19 will be assessed as the summer nears, and appropriate precautions may be arranged.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Able to quickly and independently learn new programming languages, libraries, and frameworks
- Familiarity with the PHP; working knowledge of WordPress is preferred but may also acquire during the internship
- Familiar with full-stack web development; React and/or Node experience a plus
- Confident with Git for collaborative version control
- Comfortable with Unix-like development environments
- Experience with Atlassian product suite preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written skills including articulating and presenting technical topics in a clear and concise manner to peers as well as executive level customer audiences
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.